Posted on 04.06.15
Company: The 5th Element Magazine
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Position: B-Boy/Dance Editor
Emcee, Bboy, DJ, and Graffiti Arts. These are the four elements that compose Hip Hop culture. Many would argue that fashion is not a significant element of Hip Hop, but when placed in comparison with any other culture, you will see the appearance of its people is what distinguishes them. Fashion IS the 5th Element.
We, as a collective of Fashion Enthusiasts, are here to provide you with an online magazine to bridge the connection of Fashion in Hip Hop.
The B-Boy/Dance Editor will be:
- Generating ideas for articles and features.
- Commissioning features and stories from in-house writers and freelancers.
- Supervising staff in your department, including freelance writers.
- Reading, writing and researching features and articles.
- Selecting articles for issues and planning publication contents.
- Rewriting, editing, proofreading and subbing copy.
- Attending relevant events, fairs, and conferences.
- Produce creative and compelling stories for blog and issues.
- Knowledge of the breakdancing/dance community.
- Prior experience in blogging and/or written contribution to a publication.
- Links to online work related to hip-hop and/or fashion.
- Prior editorial position is recommended but not mandatory.
- A love for hip-hop, fashion, social media, social gatherings, networking, and working with like minded creative individuals.
How to Apply
Please email your resume to email@example.com