Posted on 01.26.15
Location: Portland, OR
Position: Color and Materials Internship (Summer 2015) – 6-month internship
Very few internships will provide the foundation for your career like this one:
- Work alongside talented designers who are passionate about helping you become a better color and materials designer
- Opportunities to work with the Global Color + Trend team to shape future design direction of color and materials
- A unique collaboration project working with footwear and apparel interns
- A chance to live in the creative hub of Portland and feel part of the design community
- Free gym membership
This is an opportunity to join a truly international business with an environment that is often described as dynamic, innovative, and culturally diverse. If you share our love for sport and competition and have the drive to be number one in what you do, then consider this option to join our winning team!
To learn from leading Color and Materials Designers in the industry, refine your own design aesthetic, create your own opportunities and start your professional career.
As a color and materials design intern at adidas, you will create stories and color solutions for performance athletic footwear. In addition to assisting the design team with research, presentations, you will work on an interdisciplinary project with our footwear, apparel and graphic design interns. This project will give you the unique opportunity to submit and follow through with a design concept proposal. You will see this concept through design, prototype and development stages, ultimately creating a distinctive design solution of your own.
We are looking for someone with a broad understanding of and interest in all areas of design, as well as specific strength and passion for color and materials design.
- The best candidates will have strong communication, organization, and computer skills and be able to research and compile data via the internet and consumer/athlete interaction.
- Creative problem solver.
- Passion for understanding and spotting consumer trends and styles.
- Detail and process oriented
- Superior storytelling and visualization skills.
- Knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications is a must (Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and Power Point), as well as a strong working knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite.
- Ability to operate in a fast past, ever changing work environment.
- We are looking for someone with a broad understanding of and interest in all areas of design, as well as specific strength in creating and applying color and material stories for performance footwear design, and passion for sport.
- Junior, senior, or recently graduated student with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above from a 4 year program related to Color Design – could be design, fine art, textiles, etc. Prior design work experience is not required.
adidas’ founder, Adi Dassler, was inspired by a single idea when he made his first shoes, at the age of just 20: to provide every athlete with the best Apparel for his or her respective discipline. And 85 years later, we have almost 16,000 employees worldwide who put this same passion and commitment to innovation into each concept, component, process and product we produce.
Our mission is to be the leading sports brand in the world. At adidas we understand it takes a village to accomplish this mission. adidas provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, citizenship, creed, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, mental or physical disability, or any other protected status unrelated to the performance of the work involved. You may have heard us say “Impossible is Nothing” or “Celebrate Originality”; to us, these phrases are more than just words. If you share this same passion then apply today!
How to Apply
When applying for a design role – please be sure to include a link to your Portfolio or website in your resume or attach files that highlight your design work within your broader application. Applications are due by January 26, 2015. To apply, click here.